Where have you bean?

  It occurred to me that there is one lose end I need to wrap up before I make like Keyser Söze and disappear like a puff of smoke. What is the mode of eating that I've settled on? The most recent experiment started with a full on ketogenic episode and while I lost a load of weight, as well as all sorts of other benefits, it wasn't something sustainable.

  The cold hard truth is that I love food and eating too much to restrict myself to that extent. On top of which, the feedback I was getting was that I shouldn't shed any more weight. After adopting a variety of ways to alternate between the low carb high fat diet and plain old regular diet, I've found a happy balance.​​​​​​​
Genuine home grown from a friends garden!
  In a nutshell, Monday and Thursday I fast, the rest of the week is low carbs and on the weekend anything goes. Fasting first. This means that between when I go to sleep the night before, (Sunday and Wednesday) and breakfast the following day, (Tuesday and Friday), I consume very few calories. The rest of the time it's generally healthy with a bit more indulgence over the weekend.

  What this seems to give me is a generally smaller appetite, a steady weight and steady energy delivery with minimum sugar crashes. The news you want to hear is that this is a completely sustainable lifestyle choice and comes with my seal of approval as a sensible way to eat and stay healthy. I can see me doing this for the rest of my life and being happy. To round off the lifestyle routine I do a short, high intensity workout and this seems to keep me fit. Who knows? but you'll not be finding my diet/cook/lifestyle book in the stores in time for christmas so you'll just have to take my word for it.

  There you have it, after three years of writing this and using myself as a guinea pig, that is the culmination of my investigation. Give that a try and don't forget my other pet hates such as nasty processed foods, over packaged, prepared vegetables and all the other stuff you've heard me rant about and you're on to a winner. Always read the labels, only eat organic meat, make sure to find the joy in cooking and pass on everything you know to any kids you see wandering aimlessly in the vicinity of your kitchen and you'll be actually making a contribution to the future.

  Come back tomorrow when I think I'll be signing off for the final time





Kirk out



RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts