Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

  ...I'm battered, don't you know.
I had another day in the metal workshop and the second I got home, I suddenly realised how utterly worn out I was. None of the tasks I was asked to do today was that taxing but by the time I'd been doing them over and over, they had taken their toll. The result, I'm writing this as as fast as I can before I collapse face first into my computer.

  What do you do when you feel like this and want to cook some actual food for supper instead of getting a delivery or (if you're that way inclined) putting a ready meal in the microwave. (As an aside, I tried to think of a situation where I would put a ready meal in the oven and I couldn't so don't be tempted yourself. I will be checking!)
Image
Working up an appetite
Image
Simple and scrummy
  My favourite get out of jail free card for situations like this is the trusty tortilla. (There's no point calling it a Spanish omelette, you may as well start calling courgettes, French zucchini and that's just stupid). The default version is onions and potatoes mixed with egg and gently cooked till the egg is set and a bit brown on the outside but don't let that stop your imagination running away into the hills.

  You can use a tortilla as an excuse to go a bit mad or just use up some leftovers. Tonight I fried some cubes of sweet potato, some onion ribbons and added them to the mix of egg, mustard, salt and pepper. Just for good measure, I chucked in a load of peas and some slices of goats cheese.

  I heated up the same frying pan I'd used for the onions and sweet potato and poured the mix in allowing it to set over a low flame. I flip my tortilla, but if this is a bit beyond then you can cook it in the oven to help it set. As you can see above I served it with some salad and a bit of kimchi. The result was an easy, tasty and filling supper which wasn't too taxing, a perfect solution for exhausted metal workers who want to eat properly.
​​​​​​​



Kirk out




Chefsebastian.com

Comments

Popular Posts