Staff of life

  Before we get onto food, a quick acknowledgement of this amazing sporting weekend. As you probably know despite Rossi qualifying on the second row, he wasn't flustered and held his nerve ending up on the second step of the podium. As old as he is, he hasn't lost it. Oh, and I gather there was some tennis and football today as well.

  On to food and a bit of news from the man who has gone back to carbs. One thing I've noticed is bread. I wasn't a huge bread eater before, though I'm definitely partial to the odd bit of toast. As of yesterday I've certainly been having a fair amount and the effect has been immediately noticeable.

  There's no doubt that the feeling of lightness has gone. It's not that I went around the whole time noticing how light I felt while on LCHF (though I did notice a difference), but as soon as bread turned up on the menu, I could feel a big change. It's not super comfortable by comparison to the last few weeks but certainly a familiar feeling.
  What's also obvious is that my hunger has changed again. If you've been following this part of my journey, you'll remember that one of the first and most remarkable differences I noticed was to do with my appetite, or lack thereof. Almost immediately I've noticed a lot more snacking an nibbling going on. It's early days but this is something I've noticed.

  It's early days for this new version of the experiment so stay tuned for updates. Meanwhile, I'm having to adjust again to a new set of parameters, and I don't just mean psychologically. My guts are telling me that they are making a few adjustments of their own but fortunately nothing too drastic.

  Re the picture. Though this is normally all about food and occasionally bikes but never politics, as a special treat, now we're saying goodbye to the orange interloper, I'm going to make an exception by running a little series of related images I've found that I thoroughly approve of.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts