Cocktail review

  Cocktail report as I've been putting it off. We headed down to the Bike Shed Motorcycle Club in hipster Hoxton where I was assured that the pistachio Pisco sour was an absolute blinder. The BSMC is not just for bikers or hipsters or hipster bikers but also for folk who want to mingle in a place full of, (yeah, we get it. -Ed)

  Prices are predictably stupid so I've no plans to be a regular but it's worth a visit as it's probably the only place in the world where you get motorcycles being ridden between the tables. No, really. If you don't believe me, go check it out. Anyway...
Image
  After I'd enjoyed the rumble of a KTM Superduke-R and an RC8 coming past the table, two Pisco sours and a virgin strawberry mojito arrived. What a disappointment, way too sweet but it did get me thinking. So when I've finished my vegan detox experiment, (only next weekend), I'm going to execute my plan.

  Pisco is basically brandy so they'd made a brandy sour with pistachio syrup and it nearly worked but not quite. My plan is to use apple brandy, a.k.a. Calvados, to get things going and elderflower syrup, which should marry well. I'll get back to you when I've had a go. Back to the BSMC for a moment because there's more to the story. 

  We all agreed the virgin mojito was delicious, so our guest had one ordered for him to enjoy, while I gallantly offered to take care of the sours. I'm glad to say I didn't have any heavy machinery to operate because quite frankly it would have been extremely dangerous. As we left, I moved with all the agility of a newborn giraffe on an ice rink. So, while not the tastiest cocktail I've had, it certainly managed to function very well.





Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts