Bring it on!

  If you've been following closely, you'll know that my very varied missions have been coming in thick and fast recently. Metal bending, a birthday buffet, this week my flat has been packed into myriad boxes while the decorators are in and then I was reminded that I had allowed my eyes to get taken off the ball for just a second.

  Though it's been in my diary for ages, I'd not been paying attention to the impending supper club that's less than a week away. Viseat, a company who describe themselves as AirB&B for food, have asked us to do a supper club for one of their clients, a group of Australian travel agents. Thirty of them will be descending next Monday to get fed.
Image
I've been evicted!
  On any other occasion this wouldn't be even a tenth of an issue. I'd still have time to go biking all weekend and still have food ready for thirty on Monday evening, but this time there's a teensy obstacle that crept unnoticed over the horizon and has just alerted me to its presence. I am referring to the fact that the decorators are here till next Wednesday.

  This is the moment I admit to being wildly melodramatic to make this an interesting read. It's not a problem, I just need to make sure I have the kitchen decorated, cleaned and functioning by the end of this week. The only reason I'm writing this like it's a big deal is because I just got off the phone with Vizeat and suddenly realised it's happening a lot sooner than I expected. So soon that the decorators will not have finished and I suddenly crapped my pants slightly cos I wasn't thinking straight.

  A quick word with the crew produced some raised eyebrows initially but a little chin rubbing later and it was reassurances all round. There will be a dinner on Monday.

  As a result of all this waffle, I've also had a rocking idea for the menu. Just thinking aloud for a moment; English vine tomatoes with burratina as a starter. A variation on a chicken caesar with a pea and ham risotto for the main and I'll have to get back to you about the dessert but I've a feeling it could be an Eton mess type thing. Phew! That's straightened my head right out. In no time at all there's a plan in place and I'm feeling unspeakably relaxed. Roll on Monday.



Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts