Keeping me on my toes

  Remember that I told you about the impending supper club? Yes you do, the one happening on Monday for the thirty plus folk and it was all a bit of a giggle because I forgot I had the decorators in while I was supposed to be cooking. Well, there's been an unexpected twist.

  The plan, which was going to errr... plan, was to do the organising and a bit of shopping today. More shopping tomorrow while the decorators finished the kitchen then, when I had the flat to myself on Sunday, I'd do most of the cooking so on Monday when the decorators returned there would be minimal cooking and I'd nip off and serve up a spectacular feast. But then the phone rang.
Image
Starting to look normal
   It turned out that even though the menu had previously been approved, they were now un-approving it and wanted a teensy adjustment in the form of a new starter and main course. Ok, so not so teensy and as this happened in the afternoon it was a teensy bit of a royal pain in the arse.

  They told me that the group I am cooking for have another dinner planned for Tuesday and weirdly there is already a very similar menu planned. A very strange coincidence indeed. You know me well enough to to know I love a challenge. I rubbed my chin and did what needed to be done. Two new courses have been dreamt up along with some drastic editing on the shopping and to-do lists.

  The starter is now going to be smoked salmon (and many trimmings) on a blini followed by a pulled pork with a fancy pickle type affair. Some shopping has been done with more tomorrow and as it's late you can see I'm starting to ramble. Anyway, there will definitely be pictures because this one's going to look pretty.





Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts