Have a guess

  On an unrelated note, it's probably best you know that riding a motorbike in this weather is like having sex with eight condoms on. It's great to know I'm getting some but the pleasure is somewhat diminished. Hey ho, Roll on summer.

​​​​​​​  On a more seasonal note, I'm in the middle of baking my tits off for a delivery of my all fruit mince pies. You can see the test batch below and the most noticeable difference is that they are about thirty times less sweet than the usual factory rubbish. 
Image
  I'm a bit stuck for anything to tell you. My brain must still be foggy from the flu I've been fighting since Friday so how about a glimpse onto tonight's dinner plate?
Image
  Hidden beneath the unappetising looking mushroom sauce is a rump steak which was seared and finished in the oven. If I'd have had some nice fresh herbs to garnish the plate, I'd have certainly made the mushrooms look a lot more delicious. But as I ate it and you're only able to look at it, you'll have to take my word for the fact that it tasted better than it looked.

  The accompaniments were chosen to stay out of the way flavour wise. There were some par boiled then roasted spuds, steamed broccoli and a light salad. Which was all well and good but the most important part of the meal was in the first picture, and you know how I feel about that. Now I'm off to bed to shake this cold for good.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts