At long last

  It's been way too long since I last had a proper ride and I've felt for a while a strong need to scratch the itch. Fortunately this morning the stars aligned and I shot out to meet Spatchy and Stumpy for a cuppa and a chin wag. Though the ride down was damp and I was very nervous due to lack of practice, I more than made up for it on the way home. Happiness is a thousand c.c. in-line four.

  Below is part of the reason we wanted to meet up; there was finally an opportunity for Spatcho to get out hs new toy and bring it up for us to inspect. Approving nods greeted his arrival, we're just waiting for a few more warm dry days to really put her through her paces but she certainly looks good (and sounds great).
Image
Shiny!
  Another itch that hasn't had a proper scratch of late has been serious kitchen shenanigans. Yesterday I told you about lunch with an esteemed guest and today, upon my return from my morning blast, I had the chance to cater for another esteemed guest. Lucky me.

  I opted for the full roast chicken dinner option and though what appeared was completely traditional, I pulled out all the stops to make it as sumptuous as I could. The chicken had three hours at 125c followed by a blast of 220c for twenty minutes to brown it nicely. It was insanely succulent and as a bonus was stuffed with my scrumptious stuffing. (See yesterday's post for more info.)
Image
Steamed and ready to brown.
  This was accompanied by glazed carrots, steamed broccoli and wouldn't have been complete without a few roasted vegetables, which today were parsnips and spuds. There was a proper gravy made from nothing more than the reduced and thickened cooking juices, it didn't even need to be seasoned.

  Though we were completely stuffed, we still managed to find room for an impromptu dessert. It was an experiment that exceeded expectations. A large dish half filled with peeled and cored pear slices, dressed with lemon juice and zest then topped with a genoise sponge mix and baked. I think it's vaguely similar to an apple charlotte but who gives a shit?, it was delicious.

  With any luck your mouth is watering and I've inspired you to be thinking about your Sunday lunch next weekend, if you don't off motorcycling instead.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts