Highly recommended

  It occurred to me this morning that, as a result of this weeks ball related mission, I've not cooked for myself since Tuesday. Some of what I've eaten has been from a massive batch of soup I made earlier but the rest has been a variety of all sorts.

  I've an Italian friend who works nearby who has raved about a little pizza place that's a short walk from my place. He was most excited about the fact that they go the extra mile by importing all the important ingredients from Italy, including the mozzarella. I was intrigued but the stars hadn't aligned, until tonight.
Image
  To get a bit of fresh air, I went for a walk with the management to get some groceries and a change of scenery and suddenly realised our route was going to take us past the restaurant, so in we popped.

  We decided to share one, as neither of us were that hungry. Parma ham, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, aubergine cream and fresh basil were covering the thin base that arrived, fresh from the wood burning oven. It was delicious and the staff were friendly so I now know where to go for... Actually, there's a problem.

  As you can see, there is no tomato sauce on the pizza and as that will need to be tasted I feel it only right and proper that, in the name of research of course, I must return there to make sure. If you can't wait for that to happen and want to do a little investigation yourself, you'll find the place at 67, Newington Green Road. It's called Oi Vita and even though I need to check on their tomato sauce, it gets my seal of approval.





Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts