Tough crowd

  Blimey, am I glad that I wrote last night's post in the middle of the day instead of at the end when I finally got home, completely battered but absolutely wired. But I'm jumping ahead by a very long way. Let's rewind a bit to where I leapt into action first thing in the morning.

  You may remember the time vacuum that was the breaded risotto? After my first coffee I put one in the oven to see if it would cook straight from the freezer. It did! And this meant I didn't need to do anything else to it. Result. So I got on with everything else. It took me right up until I needed to pack the car, to get everything done but I managed it and nothing got left out. Now off to the venue.
  I've done supper clubs at this place before, but the woman who was running the venue went home to Germany and left the place in the hands a lovely couple with whom I hadn't worked before. It was for a French organisation who had booked us for the evening. In brief, it's a business networking group. They have networks in a number of different countries and as long as you're French you can join. Last night's supper was for a high-end audio speaker company who wanted to pitch their expensive wares to some London based Frenchies.

​​​​​​​  In case you missed the subtle clues, the guests who would be eating my food were French. No pressure then. The hardest part of serving up at this place is that the kitchen facilities are a bit rudimentary, which means that after I've carefully prepared all the food at my place, I move it to the venue where I have a basic kitchen to finish it off and serve it up. This is a big challenge, especially with French guests, but fortunately we pulled it off. 

  In the picture you can see an action shot of Carla whisking the main course away, (paper wrapped salmon in a sherry and dill sauce, savoy cabbage and of course, breaded risotto) as well as the starter, (broccoli soup), and dessert, (tarte fine aux pommes). The good news is that as a result of our efforts, the French folk said they would be happy to use us again.
Which is nice.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts