Going with the flow

  There's no doubt that from time to time you ask yourself, I wonder what he does when he's not cooking? And why wouldn't you? It's not possible to spend the whole time cooking and you know there's lot of creativity in me bursting to get out so what happens?

  Today an interesting opportunity, (and a huge challenge) presented itself so I jumped in with great gusto. It's possible you heard the rumour that I'm quite fond of motorbikes (Oh, here we go. -Ed.) and I know some other folk who feel similarly. One such fellow has a variant of one of my bikes but it's missing a screen. See below for a glimpse.
Something's missing. But not for long.
  You will have doubtless worked out the punchline but I'll spell it out anyway; I've been commissioned to make a screen for his bike. This means swapping chef's whites for my filthiest clothes and stepping into into the metal shop. This doesn't happen until Tuesday so you'll have to wait a few days for the results.

  Until then, I'm going to tell you about a little snack I made. Put florets of broccoli and cauliflower in a pan with a couple of centimetres of water to boil with the lid on. When the veg was al dente, I drained the water into a bowl and left the veg in the pan with the lid on to stay warm.

  To the water I added miso, rice vinegar, freshly grated ginger, finely sliced spring onion, coconut oil, a dash of soy sauce and served it with the veg in a soup bowl. It could have easily been a light starter but whichever way you serve it, it was delicious. 
 


Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts