Narnia or bust

  Just a light lunch today, as you can see below, but the more I eat lots of fat and a very few carbs, the more I feel like I've joined some kind of crazy cult. I'll be the first to point out that my OCD tendencies that give me the will power to eat this way also serve as a type of heightened wariness.

  The OCD part of me likes to organise things and finds comfort in the order that's created. Like having a bag full of marbles and dice that need to be sorted, it's satisfying to see two neat piles. (Piles of marbles? -Ed.). Separating foods into carbs or no carbs is in a way just as satisfying but it means that the whole world has suddenly turned into a massive pile of scary carbs. (You might find me breathing deeply to calm myself but I'm fine. Really).
Caramelised onion and gorgonzola omelete
  I know this is my OCD making carbs scary but suddenly realising quite how much of the available food is rich in carbs is a real eye opener, especially as there's a possibility that carbs could indeed be responsible for a massive number of simple health issues.

  If I'm honest, a large part of me wants to apologise to you right now as it feels like my journey is taking me away, in culinary terms, to a dark place. Either I've found a magic kingdom in the back of a wardrobe but I'll be back in time for tea or, the flood waters are rising and the small, hidden path I've found is taking me to a small patch of higher ground.

​​​​​​​  If you've been reading this regularly, you can probably tell that I'm in a real state of flux and confusion. It feels like my world is changing around me and I'm feeling quite lost. I think I'll have to use this blog as an opportunity to journal and help clear my head. With any luck it will offer you some stimulation and entertainment while I find my feet in this strange new world,



Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts