Practically brain dead

  There's a very good chance that what you're about to read is going to be utter gibberish. And just to clarify, I mean it will be even more gibberish than the stuff I usually write. For some reason I'm absolutely I'm absolutely battered. It could be the ridiculously early morning I had or the... (No one cares. Get on with it. -Ed).

​​​​​​​  With the last scraps of my energy, I did however manage to lend a hand prepping some sushi for a little soiree that's taking place tonight. It has been a while since I've rolled sushi though it was easy to get straight into the swing of things. I find it meditative and very therapeutic.
Image
  Running on what little energy I had, I noticed there was apparently still enough fuel to power my brain. The thought I wanted to share with you was that it was marvellous to just stand around a table and cook.

  There were two guys with me who are also very experienced cooks and for about an hour we just stood and rolled. We could have been kneading bread dough or shelling peas but what was important was that we were sharing the task of nourishing the guests who would be there later.

  I far prefer cooking in company and I would tell you why but though I've been sitting here, paused mid-sentence, waiting to articulate the reason to materialise but unfortunately the fuel running my brain has run out so you'll have to hope I remember to ponder the question when my brain is functioning. And on that note...




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts