Pudding, finally.

  Dammit! there's a bullet hole in my foot from my self inflicted wound. There I was all proudly raving about my stunning bike but I had forgotten that just the day before I had told you we would be having something pudding related, and I know how much you like your puddings.

  Though I'm very proud of my creation, there are no photos yet because it's part of a birthday surprise. In fact, it's probably best that I tell you now that tomorrow is the celebration so you'll be getting a pre-recorded blog post as, with any luck, part of the celebrations will involve me getting intimate with a cocktail shaker and a bottle of vodka. Yee-haa!​​​​​​​
Irrefutable logic.
  If all goes to plan, you'll see pictures on Sunday when I'm back, but for now I'll tell you about the very topical choice of pudding I'm creating. Flushed with the success of the summer pudding the other weekend, I thought I'd have another go. For maximum authenticity I'm making it in advance to make sure the juices have plenty of time to soak into the bread.

  Also, last time, I made it with brioche which, though soft and sweet, was quite moist, especially as it was fresh and hadn't had any time to dry out so it wasn't very absorbent. This time I've gone for a sourdough white and made sure to let it dry a bit so there's plenty of absorbent space for the juices to soak into. 

​​​​​​​  However, you know me and my propensity for a good bit of meddling so it's not just going to be a summer pudding. I've made a lemon genoise style sponge which will be part of the stack along with some marscapone for good measure. To make life interesting all these elements have to make the journey on my, by now, very famous motorbike and then assembled when we arrive. We'll probably be eating it about this time tomorrow but if you come back on Sunday I'll show you some pics, I promise.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts