Learning to fly

  This is the last of my pre-recorded messages as I'll be home tomorrow, (it was just a short trip) so you've only got this one to read before I come back with a full report and a full belly. I'l be honest, I'm a bit distracted with my upcoming journey to think of anything useful to tell you, but that may not be a problem.

  My guess is that I've been so influential that now, without any prompting, every time you visit a supermarket you always buy fruit and veg loose instead of wrapped or pre cut and you always read all the labels to check for nasty additives etc. You never buy ready meals or ready made cooking sauces and all your meat eggs and dairy are free range and organic. 
  On top of all this, you get hardly as many meals delivered from the local takeaway and you'd struggle to remember the last time you visited a fast food chain. Instead, since reading this blog, most of the food you eat is cooked at home and mainly made from fresh, raw ingredients.

  Something else that happens far more often is that you get others to cook with you, either your family or friends, and eating alone is a thing of the past. All of these changes have not only made a difference to your health but your spirit too and it would be difficult for you to imagine cooking and eating being a solitary affair.

  The last difference is that at some point along the way, cooking stopped being a chore and became a relaxing pastime where you got to express your creativity. Where once you dreaded the thought of rolling up your sleeves, now you look forward to seeing what creations will magically appear. It appears that my job is done. Don't worry, I'll still come back tomorrow, just to be sure.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts