Truce

  The healing power of food came to the rescue today after what felt like a ridiculous game of bureaucratic cat and mouse in the rain. For some reason I was close to the end of my tether and this morning's shenanigans just ran up behind me and shoved me right over the edge.

  The solution was a little visit to one of my favourite burger joints, hidden away just off Upper street. As I'd been chasing my tail all morning, it wasn't until early afternoon that I drifted in. Lunch was definitely over so I literally had the whole place to myself. The only other business came in the form of the occasional food delivery bod coming in to collect orders for delivery. What a treat, I felt like a king.
  The daytime special is any burger on the menu plus fries and a drink so I signed up and ordered a number from the chicken section. It came with serrano ham, mozzarella, and parmesan which was the perfect twist on the bacon cheese burger I normally go for.

  I feel I'd like to give the place a plug at this point as not only did I leave feeling in a much better place but their food is great and the atmosphere is jumping. The place is called Meat Liquor and I'm sure you know by now how to use a search engine to find this or any of their other branches.

  Reassuringly, I did manage to jump through the hoops I needed to today. There's more to do tomorrow but let's cross that bridge after a bit of beauty sleep.




Kirk out




RevoltingFood.com

Comments

Popular Posts